Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Blessings

I only have a few minutes but I wanted to share more pages to our story.  Denny finished his last round of chemo 2 weeks ago.  He retired from a distinguished career with the Corps of Engineers and spent the next few weeks at the farm.  He and Dan went back for the annual deer hunt.  No deer but lots of fun.

He had an MRI done on November 21st.  On Monday, we got the results.  He and I were both holding our breaths; trying not to let the anxiety get to us.  I have bitten my nails to the quick over the past week in anticipation of that day.  I am ecstatic to announce that TheWoodruff4 has received Thanksgiving Blessings.  Denny's scans showed that the chemo is still holding the tumor down.  No change from his last scan. 

To celebrate, he and I went to the Flying Saucer; a restaurant/pub in downtown Nashville close to Vanderbilt.  It is a place with good food and a lot of atmosphere!   We enjoyed a good meal and talked about how good it was to be going back to spend the holidays with our families.

Life is good.  We are blessed.  We hope all of you enjoy the holidays as much as we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment