Monday, May 13, 2013

Bacteremia

Denny met with Dr. Murphy for the first time today at 2:30pm.  It was timely because his neck has swelled and is very red.  He was thinking "blood clot".  She listened to his history and is sending him down to the ER at Vanderbilt, right now as I am typing.  I am home; getting ready to head down there.  She feels he has developed a massive infection and is afraid it is getting away from us.  I asked her if it could be sepsis or bacteremia.  She said, "Bacteremia".  Please refer to the previous post for definition.  I'm sorry this is so short but I need to get on the road.  Denny is scheduled for a CAT scan which will tell if it is a clot or infection.  If it is infection, he will be scheduled for a blood panel and be seen by an infectious disease doc.  I will post as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment