Saturday, May 4, 2013

Running Ragged

Since we hit the door Saturday morning, we have been running ragged.  Denny went back to work on Monday as usual. We spent the next couple of days waiting to see the doctor.  If you saw my last post, you will see that the Doctor wouldn't help him.  Which brings us to Friday.

Denny was at Vanderbilt bright and early getting an ultrasound.  We thought there was a possibility of a blood clot.  The area around the port was red, swollen, and sensitive to the touch.  An ultrasound was done and it was clear.  The surgeon said that unless a clot or infection developed, they were going to let nature take its course.  I guess Denny is supposed to let this port keep him in pain and weeping fluid.  Needless to say, I searching for another oncologist to interface with St. Louis.  This situation is completely unacceptable.  I've found a candidate that I am going to contact Monday.

While all of that was going on, I had to leave the house at 5:30am; drive to Alabama to pack up Dana and bring her home from college.  Her boyfriend, Justin, went with me and was a tremendous help.  Between the 2 of us, we had her packed up and ready to go in 2.5 hours.  She had one more final to get through before we could leave.  By 6pm, we were on the road for home. 

Denny was already in bed asleep when we got in the door.  I was so exhausted, I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow.  Things should slow down a little now that we are all in the same place.  We are looking forward to summer.....together!

(I took this picture of Denny when he started his first chemo treatment at the Center for Advanced Medicine on April 26th.)

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome guy!!! Love you and are saying lots and lots of prayers for you all! Love Pat & Tim

    ReplyDelete