Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Doughnut or the Hole?

I've been watching Denny slowly and steadily gain back his strength. He tries to live each day to it's fullest; showing some accomplishment through his efforts. It is not hard to admire someone like that. I am more optimistic than ever that he will win this battle!

Whenever I am reading and a quote or something jumps out at me and makes me think, I write it down. Those quotes that I've shared with you on this blog came from that little notebook. I was reading through some of them tonight and one of them caught my interest again. I thought I would share it with you.

"Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll. The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!" -Oscar Wilde

I laughed again, just as I did the first time. I'm proud to say that Denny and I are doughnuts!

Love to all,
Deb

2 comments:

  1. You are most definitely the doughnuts....and it's really inspirational for some of us less doughnutty people! :)

    I love this blog Deb. I hate the reason you've come up with it - but I really do get inspired reading your updates.

    Keep the faith and the strength and the doughnut attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts have been my favorite kind of people ever since I was little. I'd characterize you guys as Krispy Kreme!

    ReplyDelete