Thursday, July 15, 2010

Helen's Words of Wisdom


We are gearing up for another week in St. Louis. Denny's next treatment is July 19th. I'm starting the process of getting all of our clothes and food packed. In addition, part of my "job" is making sure that all of Denny's appointments are scheduled and that he has his prescriptions filled. I've got to get the pantry stocked because the kids need food and so do the animals! It is a labor of love (with many details!).

The kids only have a few weeks left before they start school on August 2nd. In between the packing, I'm trying to get the school shopping done. On a positive note, Dana got her driver's license yesterday so that will help.[See picture!] She can drive herself to cross country practice at 6:30am every morning. Our neighbors, BJ and Bill, will be taking care of them while we are gone this time.

I was reading my little notebook again because even "doughnuts" need a dose of optimism! I ran across another bit of wisdom from someone who is the poster child for conquering adversity.

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." - Helen Keller (or had a teenager drive off for the first time in your vehicle....)

Love to all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment