Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Take a Deep Breath

Denny had a pretty good day.  It was a little tougher than yesterday because the tumor is active.  This type of cancer is extremely malignant and rapid growing.  He feels the bulge getting bigger in the roof of his mouth.  He has increased his pain medicine from 1 pill every 2 hours to 2 pills every 2 hours.  The pain is controlled and that is all that matters.

He is still eating well.  Thanks to my food Angels, we have plenty of soft food available any time Denny is hungry.  Angel Heather brought us "Chicken Pillows" that unfortunately Denny never got to taste.  I ate them all while he was in the hospital so I never had to stop for fast food.  That was wonderful!

He is currently enjoying the banana cream pudding with vanilla wafers that Food Angels Christine and CaroleAnn have provided.  The soup is really tasty also but Denny says the cold pudding feels good to him. Thanks, ladies!

Denny's college bud (and our really close friend), Randy, came down today.  He took Denny fishing for an hour or so.  When Denny came back, he was really tired.  He really enjoyed hanging out with Randy but doesn't have as much stamina as he used to.  He went to bed early.  They plan to go fishing for a little bit tomorrow after we get back from the meeting with Denny's oncologist.  I think it is wonderful that Denny has something to look forward to after that dreaded meeting.

We have gotten cards, phone calls, texts and facebook comments that have been so encouraging and emotionally supportive.  Please know that even though we can't answer every one of them, we truly appreciate all of you.  Your prayers and support make a difference in how we survive day-to-day. Our thanks, also, to the Food Angels of PMAC.  I have no words to describe how your generosity warms my heart.

(To my cousin, Greg, who I believe is reading this blog, please know you are in my thoughts.  I haven't had an opportunity to call you to check on you and your mom.  Just know I think of you often and hope you are doing well. Love you!)

I will keep posting to the blog with updates.  I know our Missouri family members are reading and concerned about Denny.  Please be assured that Denny is getting the best care possible.  We just take a deep breath and take each day at a time.

Love to all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment