Monday, August 2, 2010

The Golf Guys


It has been very busy in the Woodruff house since our return from St. Louis. We have been getting ready for a big golf tournament fundraiser, held this past Saturday, to support the high school team that Dan is now a member of.

Denny and Dan played with friends, Aaron and his dad, Kim. They had a great time laughing and joking their way through 18 holes. As Denny said, "We didn't win, but we didn't come in last either."

I was worried about him out in the heat but as he says, "I can't live in a glass bubble." So when I opened an email from a friend today, there was a quote that jumped out at me and is now in my little notebook:

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you are old." - Will Rogers

You know what? He is absolutely right!

Love to all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment