Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Bumpy Ride!

This week has been one bumpy ride so far. Denny actually was able to get in for a consultation with the oral surgeon late yesterday afternoon. As a result, he was in surgery at 9:30am this morning. It was all over in 45 minutes. However, it took us about an hour to get home because there was a terrible accident on the highway and all the lanes were closed. I detoured but it still took awhile.

When we got him home, I fixed him some tomato soup and then ran to the pharmacy to get the medicines he needed. By the time I got home, he was asleep in his chair. The oral surgeon didn't see any reason to hold up the chemo because he got all the infection out of the abscess.

On Friday, Denny will see the primary care doctor about the other infected site. The St. Louis docs will decide whether or not to proceed based on her opinion. Unless something really drastic happens, it will probably move along as scheduled.

I've got to sign off for now. I have to get Dan to golf practice! I'll post with updates as soon as I can.

Love to all,

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment