Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The End of Summer

Time has flown this summer. I can't believe it is over and the kids are back in school. Denny has continued to work and I am taking care of the homefront. My current job position is "caregiver".

I got a very nice card from Denny's cousin, Teri. She sent the sweetest letter inside addressed to one caregiver from another. I have been amazed by many things during this journey I've traveled with Denny. He and I have been pleasantly surprised by the outpouring of emails, blog comments and phone calls of encouragement from our friends and family. We know you are out there and you have our sincerest thanks for all the support you have given us these last 5 months.

We are still climbing the mountain but I have no doubt that Denny will make it to the top. He has shown his strength in overcoming every obstacle that has blocked his path. We have faith that when this journey is over, he will have won this battle against cancer once again.

When a chemo patient at the Siteman Cancer center finishes treatment, it is a tradition to ring a big bell. When that happens, you will hear a big round of applause. When Denny rings that bell, be ready. I want the world to hear our noise!

Love to all,

Deb

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    Your post made me cry. But happy tears. Happy happy tears. :)

    ReplyDelete