Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And the Winner is......

Today is Denny's follow-up day. He will see both Dr. Chicoine and Dr. Haughey. I think they are going to be very pleased when they see Denny. We have been careful about infection so his incision looks pretty good. I will be sure to post to the blog afterwards so that you know what the outcome is.

Yesterday, we had visitors. Uncle Glen and Aunt Anna came in from Farmington. We met Mike, Anita & Jim on the hill for an early dinner. It was a great visit and I got an nice picture that I will post as soon as I can.

Later in the evening, Denny and I got some good news. Dana's High School had their achievement awards banquet last night. This is when they give the scholarship info for the senior class and other academic awards. They give an award to the student with the highest achievement for the 2009-2010 academic year in the various concentrations of math, science and English. Dana received the award this year for the student having the highest achievement in Honor's Geometry. We are so proud of her! On Monday, Dan had his golf banquet. He received "The most improved player" award. This is his first year of golf and he was a varsity player making it to Districts. We are very proud of Dan!

It is unfortunate that Denny and I had to miss these important events. However, I would just like to say, I am so proud of our kids for excelling in the face of adversity. It was not easy for them to stay the course but they didn't fold up like lawn chairs when trouble hit our family. That is one more victory for the Woodruff 4!

"The difference between winning and losing begins long before the game starts - winner's expect to win, loser's just hope." - Will Rodgers
(One of my all time favorite quotes!)

Love to all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment