Monday, May 24, 2010

As I Dwell on the Past 11 Days......

To all, as I sit here thinking about what to write about, I can't help but have a tear in my eye and smile on my face. The past couple of weeks have been very challenging for me and my family, both physically and spiritually. It is not easy to "let go" sometimes because we feel still have control of what happens in our life. WRONG...nothing could be further from the truth. When things get out of control and we cannot do for ourselves or must depend on others is exactly when we need to ask GOD for help.

With that being said, I have many "thank you's"......

1. Thank you LORD for everything you have given me. Thank you for providing the medical staff at Barnes-Jewish Hospital with the knowledge and ability to make such difficult decisions during my treatment process without compromising my physical being,

2. Thank you Deb (my PMS or Personal Medical Secretary) for all the headaches I've caused you during this time. You have truly been the warrior in this battle and I could not have done it without you. Your idea of the blog was "right on", as usual.

3. Thank you to our caring neighbors (Bill & BJ, Richard & Betty, Beau & Jodee) in Tennessee. Without your welcoming support and help with things around the house (including kids), you have made this endeavor much more bearable.

4. Thank you Sandy (Debbie's mom) for driving down from near Springfield, Mo and taking care of Dana and Daniel while we have been away for these past 11 days. We felt confident you could handle it.....as you have.

5. Thank you all for the prayers. My medical situation is a prime example of the Power of Prayer. Thanks to everyone's thoughts and prayers, we have pulled together and overcome this terrible disease yet one more time.

Thanks again!

Dennis W.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! You and Deb are the sweetest people I know...I don't know if I want to ever complain to you guys again about the little things! You have such a strong wife and you BOTH make a great team....Denny you are an inspiration! I am so happy to hear you are feeling like your old self again....God is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Denny and Debbie, for sharing your amazing story with us. Watching the Lord work His way in your lives, through the valleys and up the mountains, has been an inspiration to all of us. So much of His work goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Keep witnessing about His power and His gentle, loving care!
    Love, Gene and Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now--about that PMS title you've bestowed upon your wife. Let's see how we could re-define her role in all this.
    PMESTS: Personal Medical Emotional Spiritual Technological Secretary??
    PIW: Personal Iron Woman??
    WTM: Woodruff Team Member??
    Anyone else have ideas??

    Love!

    ReplyDelete