Sunday, May 16, 2010

Iron Man

My friend, Kathy, called it right. Denny is Iron Man. To go through what he has and still look so good, tells you what he is made of. I called at 2:25 a.m. to see how he was handling the decrease in pain meds. His nurse said he was comfortable and seemed to be sleeping well. I'm getting ready to head into the hospital now. Visiting hours are from 11am to 9pm. However, since I'm his spouse, they will let me in anytime. Denny is still not ready for visitors. We'll let you know the moment he is. Thank you for understanding!

Today is Dan's Confirmation Day at church. Denny and I are so sad we have to miss it. I know Dan understands and he knows we are with him in spirit. However, as his mother, it is hard to want to be two places at one time. It reminds of a line from the movie, "Sweet Home Alabama". It sums up this situation perfectly. "You can't ride two horses with one ass".

I'll post tonight when I get back to the room. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and don't forget to count your blessings!

Love to all,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment