Sunday, April 20, 2014

No Time to Wait

I've spoken to Denny several times today. Each time, I noticed more slurring in his speech. He said he was taking 2 pain pills every 3 hours and his pain level stayed at a 6 or 7. That was enough for me. I got off of work at 9pm, called the oncology after-hours line. I told the doctor what was happening and said, "Something needs to be done! He is suffering." The doctor agreed and told me to bring him into the ER.  I called Dan and said, "Please bring your Dad to Vanderbilt. I'll be waiting outside the ER." As soon as they arrived, Denny got checked into an ER room immediately. Dan drove on home because he needed to get to bed for school tomorrow. The  Nurses and Doctors were all over Denny; asking me questions, putting in IV's and starting fluids & pain meds. I'm not sure where we go from here but the ball is rolling.

1 comment: