Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Roller Coaster Ride

Remember when you were a kid, how exciting a ride on a roller coaster was?  Well, it is not quite as fun these days.  The roller coaster of cancer is constantly trying to shift us off balance.  Once again, it is trying.

Sunday night I came down with a severe gastrointestinal virus; vomiting, body ache, and other nasty things.  By yesterday, I wasn't getting any better so I went to see our primary care physician.  She gave me some anti-nausea medicine and sent me to the hospital to get IV fluids because I was so dehydrated. 

Today, I am feeling a little better but not good.  I woke up around 10:30am.  Denny was still not up. 
This is not a good sign.  When I first felt sick on Sunday night, I moved into Dana's room to sleep so I wouldn't get Denny sick. He is coming to the end of his low period from chemotherapy.  Getting sick now is serious.

Guess what?  It's serious.  Denny has the same illness.  I've called our primary care doctor and his oncologist.  Dr. Murphy's assistant called back and said since we are both sick, we can't come to the clinic.  They don't want us to go to the ER there because it will take too long to be seen.

I have to take him to Williamson Medical Center where I was yesterday.  They said that will be the most expeditious way for him to be seen.  Both Doctors have said he needs to be seen immediately.  The oncologist's assistant also told me I need to bring in family help but I said that was ridiculous.  Why would I want to infect anyone else with this?  We will make it through.

So, we are headed down to the ER.  It is about 45 minutes away.  Say a prayer that we can get control of this before it gets a grip on Superman.  Time to fly!  I will update as soon as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment