Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Midnight Hour

I just got home from the Williamson Medical Center. Denny does not have the flu. He has been diagnosed with a highly contagious bacterial infection in his colon called "C-Diff". He is on the oncology floor and is doing well. He is going to be getting a course of IV antibiotics and is going to be monitored for dehydration. He is still running a low-grade fever. As I understand, most people with healthy immune systems can successfully fight off C-Diff. However, Denny's infection fighting ability is really low at the moment. For my nursing friends, his white cell count is 2.5.  I have no doubt that Superman will win this battle.  I'm feeling better. The nausea is gone. I'm just really tired. I wanted to give the update before I went to sleep so you all weren't wondering what happened. I plan to sleep in tomorrow. Denny is in good hands so I'm going to rest for awhile. TheWoodruff4 also send out condolences to Emily McDonald for the loss of her grandfather. He has also been a warrior in the battle against cancer. Good night, friends! Sleep tight and Angels watch over you...

No comments:

Post a Comment